Alexandria Wildlife Trapping ~ 703-881-3170
Wildlife trapping in Alexandria is a common task that most nuisance pest animal control operators are called to do on a regular basis. The trapping regulations that are listed above are the general trapping regulations for Alexandria. There are other regulations that a nuisance trapper must follow. You have to take several tests to become a Virginia State certified Nuisance wildlife Trapper.
We can help you solve your wildlife problem and have all the correct documentation from the state of Virginia and has the right insurance policy in place to cover your home should something unforeseen happen. We are qualified to work in Alexandria and we are familiar with all the rules and regulations. Beware, there are less than reputable companies out there trapping animals. Check all documentation.
Trapping wildlife in Alexandria requires a permit from the Alexandria Department of Game and Inland Fisheries. The permit guidelines to have a nuisance wildlife trappers licenses are as follows:
Alexandria Trapping Laws
- Resident or nonresident landowners, their spouses, their children and grandchildren and the spouses of such children and grandchildren, or the landowner’s parents, resident or nonresident, do not need a license to hunt, trap or fish (on inland waters) within the boundaries of their own lands.Tenants, on the land they rent and occupy, are not required to have a license, but must have the written permission of the landowner. Persons that lease property and do not permanently reside there are not exempt from license requirements.
Residents, 65 years of age and over, do not need a license to hunt or trap on private property in their county or city of residence.
- Resident hunters under the age of 12 are not required to have a hunting license or hunter education. Non-resident hunters under the age of 12 need a hunting license but do not need hunter education to purchase one. All hunters under the age of 12 may not hunt unless accompanied and directly supervised by a licensed adult.
- Residents under the age of 16 are not required to have a license to trap when accompanied by any person 18 years of age or older who possesses a valid Virginia trapping license.
- Any person who is not hunting, but is aiding a disabled person to hunt when such disabled person possesses a valid Virginia Disabled Resident Lifetime hunting license or a Alexandria Resident Disabled Veteran Lifetime license is not required to have a license.
- Any American Indian who resides on a Alexandria Indian reservation or a member of the Virginia recognized tribes who resides in the Commonwealth is not required to have a license; however, such Indian must have on his person an identification card or a paper signed by the chief of his tribe, a valid tribal identification card, written confirmation through a central tribal registry, or certification from a tribal office.
- Stockholders owning 50 percent or more of the stock of any domestic corporation owning land in Alexandria, his or her spouse and children and minor grandchildren, resident or nonresident, to hunt, trap and fish within the boundaries of lands and inland waters owned by the domestic corporation.